Monday, July 1, 2013

Hello!

Here are some things to think about from tonight's run-through.

All - Please be quiet backstage. Your fellow actors need to hear the orchestra, or need to hear what's going on onstage so they can make their entrances.

All - When I did my first professional show (2001, Harvey Johnson in Bye Bye Birdie, Theatre By The Sea, Matunuck, RI), I was advised to make a list of everything I do in the show, in order; I was further advised to do that for every musical I'm ever in. It was amazing advice, and I recommend that you all do that for The Sound of Music. Include your scenes/songs, costume changes, scenes changes, etc. Consider this a homework assignment. We don't have the time for everyone to get used to the order of the show by repeatedly running it, so you will have to spend some extra time on your own.

Nuns - look to Laurie for your cue at the top of Act II scene 2. Tonight there was a long awkward silence, so make sure you're watching her to cue you in. You should be in place before the end of "Something Good".

Party Guests - more reactions to "So Long, Farewell" would be great.

Several of you can expect notes via email soon. As always, let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! :)
~Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment